Informations et ressources scientifiques
sur le développement des zones arides et semi-arides

Accueil du site → Doctorat → Inde → 2014 → DEVELOPMENT OF COTTON BASED INTEGRATED FARMING SYSTEM MODELS FOR IRRIGATED ECOSYSTEM OF NORTH-EAST KARNATAKA

University of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur (2014)

DEVELOPMENT OF COTTON BASED INTEGRATED FARMING SYSTEM MODELS FOR IRRIGATED ECOSYSTEM OF NORTH-EAST KARNATAKA

VINODAKUMAR S. NAIK

Titre : DEVELOPMENT OF COTTON BASED INTEGRATED FARMING SYSTEM MODELS FOR IRRIGATED ECOSYSTEM OF NORTH-EAST KARNATAKA

Auteur : VINODAKUMAR S. NAIK

Université de soutenance : University of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur

Grade : Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) 2014

Résumé
The study was undertaken in Raichur district of North-East Karnataka which, comprises of survey work and field experiment to identify viable and sustainable cotton based integrated farming system model for irrigated situation at IFS unit, E and F block, MARS Raichur during 2012-13 and 2013-14. The preliminary survey work reveled that, among 125 farmers, 98.4 per cent of farmers are practicing crop based farming system whereas, remaining 1.6 per cent farmers adopted horticulture based farming system. Out of surveyed farmers, 79 per cent of farmers in Raichur district practicing cotton based farming system in their farm with different agricultural enterprises viz., dairy, small ruminants, poultry birds, vegetables, fruit crops, agro-forestry, etc. Results of field experiment revealed that system productivity, net returns and gross returns realized by cropping+goat+cow+poultry+fishery (F7) system (10,903 kg ha-1, ` 1,89,069 and 2,48,769 ha-1, respectively) was higher compared to other farming system models of which major contribution was from cropping and dairy enterprise. The least annual net income and gross returns was observed in maize–bengal gram (F2) system (` 41,384 and 59,756 ha-1, respectively) which was closely followed by cotton alone (F1) system (` 74,592 and 1,02,071 ha-1, respectively). Allocation of resources and rearrangement of enterprises had greater scope in majority of farming systems. At existing resource level in majority of farming systems income can be increased over existing plan. The F7 system generated maximum employment opportunity of 206 man days ha-1 year-1 over other farming systems which was closely followed by F5 system with cropping+goat+cow system (176 man days ha-1 year-1) and F6 system with cropping+goat+ rabbit (135 man days ha-1 year-1). The overall food security was better by integrating allied enterprises viz., goat, cow, poultry, fishery and horticulture crops. Total organic residues/ manures and NPK added in F7 were higher than the other farming system models. Recycling influence the soil fertility development by improving soil nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.

Présentation (KrishiKosh)

Version intégrale

Page publiée le 6 avril 2021