Informations et ressources scientifiques
sur le développement des zones arides et semi-arides

Accueil du site → Doctorat → Chine → 2020 → Bioprospecting of Actinobacteria as Pharmaceutical Resource from Mangrove and Desert,and Taxonomic Studies on New Species

Peking Union Medical College (2020)

Bioprospecting of Actinobacteria as Pharmaceutical Resource from Mangrove and Desert,and Taxonomic Studies on New Species

李飞娜;

Titre : Bioprospecting of Actinobacteria as Pharmaceutical Resource from Mangrove and Desert,and Taxonomic Studies on New Species

Auteur : 李飞娜;

Grade : Doctoral Dissertation 2020

Université : Peking Union Medical College

Résumé partiel
Antibiotic resistance is occurring more and more severe,and the new and effective antibiotics are urgently needed.Currently,new and good quality antibiotics are still lacking,and one of the main reasons is repeated screening of known microorganisms and antibiotics,which caused high cost and low efficiency.Actinobacteria are one of major source of antibiotics,and the actinobacterial diversity is the foundation for diversity of compounds.Therefore,exploitation of microbial source could enrich the pharmaceutical actinobacterial resource and increase the probability of discovery of new antibiotics from nature.Actinobacterial strains residing in special environments have the unique gene types and metabolic mechanisms,which is the basis of discovery of new antibiotics.Therefore,exploration of pharmaceutical actinobacterial resources have been become the hot research in the research field of new antibiotic discovery.Based on the research background above,two special environments including mangrove and desert were selected to explore pharmaceutical actinobacterial resource by using classical separation method.As we all know,the microorganisms cultured in the laboratory are less than 1%,to exploit effectively the remaining 99%of microbial resources,the in situ cultivation technology has been applied to capture microorganisms in mangrove soil that are uncultured and difficult to culture.Finally,novel strains discovered in the exploration were performed the polyphasic taxonomic identification.The mainly research contents are as follows:1.Endophytic actinobacteria were isolated and purified from the mangrove plants in Cotai Ecological Zones,Macao,China.Representative actinobacterial isolates were selected for antibacterial assay.A total of 192 endophytic actinobacterial strains were obtained from 12 mangrove plant samples,these strains distributed in 30 genera affiliated to 17 families of 8 orders.The dominant genus was Streptomyces,and 22 out of 192 actinobacterial strains were potential new species.Among them,4 new species have been identified and published

Mots clés : Antibiotic resistance; Mangrove; Desert; Actinobacteria; The in situ cultivation; Biodiversity; Novel strains; Antimicrobial activity

Présentation (CNKI)

Page publiée le 15 juin 2021