Informations et ressources scientifiques
sur le développement des zones arides et semi-arides

Accueil du site → Projets de développement → ONG/NGO Coopération décentralisée → Burkina Faso → Training for 300 youth in motorcycle maintenance and repair, Boucle du Mouhoun, Burkina Faso

2018

Training for 300 youth in motorcycle maintenance and repair, Boucle du Mouhoun, Burkina Faso

Burkina Faso

Titre : Training for 300 youth in motorcycle maintenance and repair, Boucle du Mouhoun, Burkina Faso

Pays /Région : Burkina Faso
Localisation : Boucle du Mouhoun

Durée : 2018-2019

Présentation
In 2002 the Stichting Hárparako foundation started working in Passakongo, in north-western Burkina Faso, informally training young people on the job as mechanics, welders etc. At the request of the local population, Háparako started formal vocational training in 2010. It gives 300 young people in six districts intensive motorcycle maintenance training : the young people take a state exam for a professional diploma after two months of theory and a three-month internship. Those who pass are given a three-week entrepreneurship training course and a starter kit so that they can get straight to work. The project is a collaboration with Gnogondemè, whose daughter organisations in the six districts recruit the students and provide instructors. It is expected that 80% of the young people will pass and start their own workshop in their native village. The remaining 20% will receive assistance in finding work at existing workshops.

Financement : The Turing Foundation is contributing €19,400 towards this project (of which, €8,400 in 2018)

Turing Foundation

Page publiée le 3 juin 2019